Tuesday

Freezer Cooking Day---My Results

OK, I am through with my baking! I added to and tweaked my original list.
Here are my results:
First I made waffles---ended up with 40 of them. Most of these were frozen, but some were eaten.

I cooked a huge tenderloin, I wish that I could remember how many pounds but I cannot---all I know is that was huge. With this meat we have already had Carnitas and BBQ sandwiches. I have two BIG zip lock bags of this meat in the freezer.
Just added BBQ sauce to some of the meat

Carnitas and Home Made Guacamole (x2)
I made a couple of meat loaves (I did not cook these, I just mixed every thing up, shaped into a loaf and froze. I also made meat loaf balls(same recipe) I shaped them into balls and put into muffin tins to bake for later. The picture below is how they look after coming out of the oven; we had these a while back. Sprinkle cheese and add some ketchup to the top of them before serving.

I bought some boneless chicken breast, cut them into strips. I marinated some of these strips and froze. When I get ready to cook I will just empty the bags into the crock pot or a pan, cover with foil and bake---I like having options! LOL!

I also made some Popcorn chicken and froze them. Here is the recipe:

3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup flour---you can use wheat flour as well
1/2 t. sea salt
1/2 t. garlic powder

In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, salt and garlic powder. Using kitchen shears, cut chicken breasts into tiny bite sized pieces. Toss chicken in flour mixture to coat well. IF YOU ARE GOING TO FREEZE STOP AT THIS STEP.
.
Spread a thick layer of butter on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour coated chicken into dish, spreading so that they are in a single layer. Don't let the nuggets touch each other.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Stir chicken and bake another 10 minutes.

I also have two baked zitis, two TaterTot casseroles(need to let the TaterTot casserole thaw a little while before baking) in the freezer.

So that's ten meals in the freezer PLUS I have two roast in the oven cooking with potatoes, carrots and green beans---one of those will be for dinner tonight, the other roast will probably turn into roast beef sandwiches!

Well that is it for freezer cooking here this month. How did you do?
I will keep you posted when the next freezer/baking days are!
.

2 comments:

  1. Looks tasty! I Just saw the same popcorn chicken recipe at HeavenlyHomemakers.com ! I'll be making these for dinner!! :)

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. Thank you for sharing and the good ideas. :)
    Have a great day!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete