Sunday

TATER TOT CASSEROLE: YUM!


I am all for fast fixin's and this is the easiest casserole to ever put together. I thawed my tater tots over night in the refrigerator and put this on the lowest settings this morning before we left for church and then enjoyed it once we got home(if you are going to be at home while cooking this then follow directions below).
.
TATER TOT CASSEROLE:
1 pkg. Tater Tots, ($1.49)
1 can cream of celery soup, ($0.67)
1 can cream of chicken soup, (0.67)
1 pound ground beef, ($3.67)
1 (8-oz) pkg. shredded cheese ($1.67)
* Brown ground beef and drain. Mix both soups together in a bowl. Put ground beef in a casserole dish, add your soup mixture on top. Layer tater tots on top, then add the cheese. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
.
*It only cost me $8.17 to prepare this meal for our family of six.
.
UPDATE:
My husband had to stay in over the weekend, just doing some testing, and I had planned to put this on before church, again. With my husband being home he said that he would cook lunch and it would be ready by the time he got home...and it was. He followed the recipe above, but added rice to this casserole. I must say it was very good. I am learning that this is a casserole you can add several different ingredients too and it comes out tasting even better than before.
.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me about tatertot casserole. I forget to make it. Thanks for linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tator Tot Casserole was a huge staple when I was growing up, so this looks yummy! Everyone had their own variation of it, like adding mushrooms or canned veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow did not realize it was so diverse of a recipe will have to shar the rice idea with my daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love tater tot casserole. We love it best with sausage! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard people mention Tater Tot Casserole but I've never made it. My kids will love it, I'm sure! I'll have to give this one a try next week. Thanks for sharing!
    I found you through Tasty Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE TTC! Just posted on this a few weeks ago. Such a comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to add a bag of frozen mixed veggies and a packet of onion soup mix. Thanks for sharing. There's nothing like a hearty casserole to warm your heart and fill your belly.

    ReplyDelete