Sunday

Eat From the Pantry Challenge UPDATE


I went shopping!!!!! I hadn't planned to go to the store so soon, but my husband said lets go and therefore we went. I had already taken inventory of our pantry/freezer and was pleasantly surprised at what I found, really surprised at all the cereal that we have!

I spent $58 on the items that you see in the picture above....not too bad, considering that I got two big packages of boneless chicken breast! With me spending $58 that leaves me $42 for the month because I am trying to ONLY spend $100 this month of January.


I am going to list some things that we will be eating this week. All these items will be from the pantry/freezer and no more shopping trips this week.

Dinner items:
.
Baked Ziti , galic bread, and corn
.
.
Chicken Dressing, Parmesan potatoes
.
Meatloaf balls, mac and cheese, potatoes
.
Chicken and rice---so easy, as much rice as you want, cream of chicken soup and then chicken, bake, and eat! green beans on the side
.
Lunch items:
.
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, carrot sticks
.
Tomato soup
.
grilled cheeses
.
Fresh veggies and fruit
.
Spinach Dip/chicken sandwiches
.
Breakfast Items:
.
Cereal ---lots of it too, have you seen my picture of all our OPENED cereal?
.
Oranges, bananas, apples
.
Snacks:
.
Apple crisp
.
Peach Cobbler
.
Chocolate gravy over bananas
.
Cheese and Crackers.
.
Have you taken inventory of your grocery items? Have you planned your meals planned out? I hope so! I promise by doing this it will save you money!
.

2 comments:

  1. great menu plan the chocolate gravy over bananas sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge!!! I am just doing one on my own... trying to use up what's in the freezer, fridge and pantry... it's good to do this exercise - makes one more creative. Thanks for joining in Mindful Menus - love having you! BTW you may want to allow Name and URL as a comment option...

    ReplyDelete