Tuesday

Eating from the Pantry/ Freezer --Update-

I know this is not the most pleasant picture that you have ever seen, but there are some recipes that you just have to use what the good Lord gave you and dig in...with your hands!
I love this challenge that we are doing, I have come up with a couple of new dishes from digging through my cabinets, putting this with that and that with this (LOL!) Well last night we had meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese for dinner....nothing new UNTIL I started to make the mash potatoes, obviously my mind was not on cooking and I thought that I had totally messed up the mashed potatoes, but they turned out to be a hit...per the kids and my hubby! I will tell you about them in a minute.
Meat Loaf Recipe:
2 pounds hamburger meat
1 packet of Lipton soup mix
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs
As much ketchup as you want
Mix all together, shape into a loaf---I cooked mine in a bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
.
Next I made potatoes and mac and cheese, notice in the picture below my yellow/orange potatoes! I opened the cheese packet for the mac and cheese poured it into my potatoes and mixed them up BEFORE I even realized what I had did---where was my mind at? Still cannot believe I did that! So I added a little salt, pepper and milk and served them as cheesy potatoes. My husband told me that they tasted good ---that they tasted like cheesy grits! I love my husband!

Next, I drained my noodles, added some milk, shredded cheese(lots of it) and butter---butter is suppose to make things taste better---right?
About 15 minutes before I took my meatloaf out of the oven I added more ketchup to the top of it; my children say that one can never have to much ketchup.
How are you doing in this challenge? What are you learning? Have you come up with any new dishes?
*If you have not joined in---it is NOT too late! Join us, set your own rules, eat from your pantry/freezer to save you and your family money. Can't do it for a whole month, try it for a week and I guarantee that you will be surprised at how much money you will save by staying OUT of the store. Please leave a comment below and share with us how you are doing.
.

1 comment:

  1. You are an absolute inspiration. I love following along to see what you're coming up with next. The potatoes sound good..I have to try them. Now,I'm off to see what all I have to use up. Keep inspiring us. You're the greatest..

    ReplyDelete