Friday

Freezer Cooking Days

After a month from eating from our pantries and freezers, we are in need of a few baking days here in our home. The only things left in our freezer are the ice cubes!

So I am thankful that it is time for Freezer cooking days again. Some people call it baking days, once a month cooking, or some other name---regardless of what you call it IT IS HERE!

Fishmama and Money Saving Mom are hosting Freezer cooking days again. It is this weekend! I plan on participating but not every day and I am not cooking for the whole month this time.

Not sure of what you can freeze--well I am no expert, but I have cooked things and then froze a small portion of it, then around two weeks later thawed it, warmed it up, ate it and if it tasted good then I figured that I could freeze a whole pan of it. Makes sense to me, right?

Right now I am planning to cook the below items---I may change this or add to it.

Waffles--Making 36--hopefully I can freeze most of them with out them being eaten as soon as I pull them off the griddle!
English Roast--
planning on shredding this and putting into zip lock bags for beef tacos (2x), and a beef and rice casserole.
Pork Shoulder Roast--shedding and going to try to make carnitas (2x)
Meatloaf (mix it all up and freeze BEFORE cooking) (2x)
Baked Ziti (2x)
Freezer mashed Potatoes (2x)

I will have pictures and recipes along the way. I hope that you join in whether you cook for the whole month, or just for a week.
.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a busy day, but the work will pay off! I love looking at my freshly-stocked freezer. :)

    ReplyDelete