Friday

1,000 Ways to Save Money - Part 15

If you missed part 14, then go here to check it out.

#76 Do not get sucked in by the 10/$10 sale
I used to think that I was getting a really great deal when I would buy 10 items for $10; boy was I wrong, and boy have I learned a lot! Those kinds of sales are not that great and here's why:
-there is usually not much in the box or package--it takes 2 Rice a Roni boxes to give our family of six a tablespoon size serving---cost $2.
These kinds of sales are only good when you have a coupon---preferably a 50 cent coupon and then if you store doubles you would get that item for FREE.

#77 Do not buy paper plates or plastic cups
Cut cost by washing dishes---Got kids, then put them to washing the dishes...it will not hurt them.

#78 Surround yourself with frugal friends
One way that I save money is that I surround myself with other people that like to save money. I call them my "Frugal Friends." You can spot them a mile away whether in person or on the web. I am so blessed to have many frugal influences in my life---you guys are great!
.
This post is linked to :
Life as Mom

1 comment:

  1. I've been out of dixie paper plates for awhile now. They are so expensive for something im just gonna throw away. We've been doing pretty good so far without them :)

    ReplyDelete