Friday

1,000 Ways to Save Money - Part 14

To see my previous post on this topic, go here.

WOW! IT has been a while since I have done a post on ways to save money! My apologies! I am trying something new with this topic---instead of posting this JUST on Fridays, I am going to post this whenever I discover a new way to save money...being my way or YOUR way...(that is a hint for you to email me, or leave a comment in the comment section below and let me know what you do to save money. I would love to hear from you!

#73 Do not buy jewelry cleaner.
If you wear jewelry and brush your teethe, then you are all set! I use tooth paste to clean all my jewelry. I personally think that it does better than the cleaner that you can buy. I just up my rings and bracelet last week and they are sparkling! I just put a small amount of tooth paste on my tooth brush and start 'brushing' away on my jewelry. Don't waste your money on cleaner--give it a try.

#74 Before you buy it, see if you can make it.
My girls love bookmarks and every time that they would get ten cents they would buy one (that is what they cost at our church's bookstore up North). So here is my thinking, ten cents is ten cents, so why not make our own bookmarks---and we have. Before you buy that scarf---try to make one. I have a friend(I call her my New Yorker friend) and she makes beautiful scarfs! She made me one (in my favorite color too) and I love it! Before you buy that skirt, try making one.
I remember as a little girl, I used to crochet coasters for our whole family. The ideas are endless, so try making it before you buy it---it will probably end up costing you less.

#75 Start a price book---it will save you money
Start with the 20 things you buy most often - milk, bread, juice, meat, pasta, etc. Then make a chart and list the prices of these items (NOT SALE PRICES). Find out the prices by visiting the stores that you shop at most, or just check the stores sales ad online. By doing this, I have discovered that Walmart and Aldi are SOMETIMES not he cheapest places to shop---shocking I know. I just use a notebook and pen, my husband is getting ready to make me a spread sheet (Yippee, jumping for joy!).
.

2 comments:

  1. I had a price book for many years now after 20+ years for shopping for my family those prices are all in my head and I know what I want to pay and what I definetly will not

    ReplyDelete
  2. my grandmother worked in a jewelry store and she showed me how to clean my jewelry... a capful of ammonia, some dishwashing liquid and warm water...best cleaner ever!

    ReplyDelete