Friday

Eat from the Pantry/Freezer Challenge weekly update



How are you doing with this Eat from your Pantry/Freezer Challenge. So far so good here! I did go to the store (already), hadn't planned to go that early into the challenge, but I did. I had posted earlier my menu but I have wavered from that some---but that is okay---right because it is my rules. I went ahead and had the Baked Ziti, and Tator Tot Casserole . I ended up NOT having chicken and dressing. I have made chicken and dressing several times before, but this time I cooked my chicken too long, not only was it falling off the bone it was MUSH! That was the night I bombed dinner, I went a head and served the chicken with peas and mac and cheese. The kids loved the chicken, (gag) my husband just laughed because I was getting sick---it was horrible. I made the kids quit eating the chicken and I threw it away. I should probably put that under a frugal failure!

* I ended up making soup last night and we actually had left overs (pictured below); so we are having soup again tonight. I have never served the same dinner in a row before. I will be adding some more vegetable juice, more canned vegetables (drained), meat, and garlic---I love garlic in my soup!
For dessert it will be peach cobbler (YUM!).
Tomorrow I will be broiling chicken and serving broccoli and cantaloupe on the side.
.
So how are you doing? Have you joined in this challenge yet? Don't have a clue what this challenge is about then go here.
.
Remember this should be FUN and save you money----set your own rules, and get creative. See my goals and plans here.
.

1 comment:

  1. Last night we had black beans and spanish rice; tonight we had pinto beans and leftover spanish rice, and orange slices.

    We aren't makng any trips to the store this month and it is quite likely that we won't be making any next month, either.

    You can always keep the soup in the fridge, wait a day, and serve it for lunch two days later.

    ReplyDelete