Tuesday

Simply Sprouted Way Better Snacks Review


Isn't it amazing how are taste changes over the years? I grew up in the country, and every year we would have two gardens and I was always dumbfounded why my parents would plant spinach every year, knowing good and well I did not like it!

I also remember us sharing our bounty with our neighbors and our neighbors sharing with us. There was this one particular neighbor that always, and I do mean always brought us barley to use. I honestly think it was store bought because it was in a small mason jar, all crushed up and as far as I can remember it wasn't sealed! Anyways, that was the most nasty tasting stuff ever! 

Looking back on that now, yes, it was very sweet that she wanted to share with us---but I knew, as soon I saw her coming with her little brown paper bag, I knew what she was bringing to us! Gag!

Fast forward 30+ years, I actually like spinach now and use it in several dishes. My oldest son even likes eating it raw as a salad without any dressing too, I haven't made it that far yet. As far as eating barley, it's not as bad as I remember it tasting years ago---I am convinced only because it is disguised with other flavors.


I was recently sent a box of Simply Sprouted Way Better Snacks crackers, I received the Rosemarry Me and Olive Oil Sprouted Barley Crackers; as soon as I saw the word 'barley' I did an eye roll! And I left them sitting on my shelf for about a week before opening the box! But surprisingly they taste great!


I'm snacking on them now, as I blog about them--they are that good! The crackers are crunchy, full of flavor---the other flavors overpower any barley flavor that is present, honestly I could not taste any barley at all! Which is a plus for me! I know barley is good for me, being high in fiber and packed with antioxidants and I get the goodness of the barley-hidden among the other yummy flavors that are in these crackers.

At only 110 calories per serving, these crackers were made for guilt-free snacking. I think of my neighbor, she is probably smiling down on me and giggling as I eat these!

For more information and to see other Simply Sprouted Way Better Snacks click HERE.


Disclosure: I was given product in exchange for this post; Read my disclosure policy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment