Tuesday

Baking Day - Part 5 - Chocolate Dessert

My Mother-in-law's chocolate dessert is the best thing that I have ever put in my mouth. I have never made it until now.

Recipe: Crust--1 cup all purpose flower, 1 tsp. salt, 1 stick of butter, and 1 cup of chopped pecans. Mix this all together and the best way to mix it is...you guessed it with you hands. Once mixed altogether pressed into a 13 x 9. This time I only made 1/2 a pan....

In a med. size bowl combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese (softened), and 1/2 carton of a giant cool whip (you will need a large container of cool whip or two of the smaller ones) Mix all these ingredients together.
Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the completely cooled crust.

Next you will need 2 small packages of chocolate instant pudding and 3 cups of milk, whisk those two items together and pour on top of cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cool whip. This would look GREAT with some grated chocolate for the top of it, but I don't have any on hand. Oh well it will still be good.. Refrigerate over night or as long as you possibly can. Once Phillip and my children find out that I have made this, it will not last 'til the morning!


.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! Great flavours =D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! I love chocolate pudding desserts! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Holiday Food Fest!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made a very similar dessert with lemon pudding. It's wonderful, but chocolate is always hard to beat--yum! So glad you shared this on the Holiday Food Fest! :-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is yummy! My Grandma gave me this recipe 30 years ago, but we called it Mountain Mamma Mudslide. Perhaps that is just the West Virginia name for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been diabetic for almost 14 years and this is the exact same recipe as something I have always made for myself to take with me to parties. The only difference is you use splenda instead of powdered sugar and sugar free pudding mix. No joke you can not tell any difference. People never believe me when I tell them it is sugar free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make this for my family. My ex daughter in law loved it. She said it was the best thing she had ever eaten. I love it too!!!

    ReplyDelete