Tuesday

Dinner Tonight and a New Dessert

We had meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner with frosted banana squares for dessert! Every one said that it was good--but oh my the dessert was out of this world and I just had to share the recipe with you---it is not a healthy one, but here is the recipe anyways!

Frosted Banana Bars

1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 and 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt

**In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, bananas, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.: add to creamed mixture and mix well. Pour into greased 15 x 10 in baking pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bars test done. COOL, the spread frosting over bars.

Frosting recipe:
1/2 cup butter
1(8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioners sugar (I only used 3 cups---which was plenty)
2 tsp. vanilla

**Cream butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla...beat well.

These are good plain, but the frosting is great on them too!

*I love trying new recipes---especially the ones that turn out! This recipe comes from our churches cook book that I received for Christmas from my daughter. This recipe was submitted by Gail E.
.

2 comments:

  1. I am always looking for new ways to use leftover bananas - this one will definitely be added to my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bookmarking this! =) It sounds yumalicious. =)

    ReplyDelete