Tuesday

Strawberry Banana Dessert -- YUM!

Photo credit

This is a great recipe for two reasons:

1) It only takes two ingredients to make this

2) It is a great dessert for a hot summer day.

Ingredients:
2 bananas, frozen
8-10 whole frozen strawberries

Directions:

This makes a quick, whole fruit dessert with no added sugar or milks.

If you freeze your bananas whole, peel and slice into 1 inch chunks. Or if you freeze them like I do, then they will already be cut up.

In food processor bowl, place strawberries and banana slices.

Pulse a few times to break the fruit down and then turn on and let run for about a minute. It takes about 30 seconds to get smooth and a few more to get creamy. Stop and scrap down the sides if needed.

The trick is to let it run until it is smooth and to use hard frozen fruits.
.
This post is linked to:
Life as Mom
.
Tuesdays At The Table
.
Tasty Tuesday
.
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays
.
$5 Dinner Challenge
.

4 comments:

  1. This looks great! I am for sure going to try this for my kids, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! Another use for those bags of frozen bananas in the freezer! And it's cool, creamy and healthy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hearing so much about frozen fruit lately this recipe is so simple I am going to try it for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not crazy about banana flavored things (love bananas though!), but this is SO good!!! I haven't tried it with strawberries, but blueberries are delicious!

    I usually add in some yogurt too.

    ReplyDelete