Tuesday

Freezer Day Cooking---the Results or Lack thereof!

Well my intentions were good, but I have not done much at all. I had a plan, but then my husband decided that we need to start doing good---I mean really good! So that put a damper on several of the things I was going to cook. I ended up not making all the bread (dry) mixes that I originally had planned too. I am going back to the store to buy some chicken, (for our healthier meals)---but those recipes will have to come later, hopefully I can come up with something other than baked chicken!

Over all I think that I did OK---Here is what I cooked:
32 waffles (enough for 4 breakfasts)

1 bag of cooked Great Northern beans (still cooking in the crockpot)


18 Deviled Eggs (36 once they were cut in half) I did not freeze these, just stuck them in the fridge for the meal tonight and the rest will be for snacks through out this week for the kids.


One of my helpers--she took her job too seriously!
I told her that she could smile a little resulting in this picture below!

Froze some bananas for smoothies---you can freeze bananas whole or cute them up--I chose to cut them up so that I can just pull them out of the freezer for smoothies, with them being frozen you will not need to use ice (which will water your smoothie down!)



Once the bananas froze I divided them into sandwich bags and then placed them all in a freezer bag. 


2 bags of cooked rice (1 white and 1 brown) for casseroles


Browned some ground beef for two casseroles

Rice Casserole (ground chuck, browned, drain, mix with 2 cups cooked rice, add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, mix all together and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes---so simple. Hopefully having this tonight with my white beans if they get through cooking in time!

Pop UP Rolls---use whole wheat flour for a healthier option

Well that's it, I'm linking to Money Saving Mom so that you can see what everyone else cooked!
.

2 comments:

  1. Mine didn't happen as planned either but every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do what you can do. You'll be happy this got done :)

    ReplyDelete