Tuesday

Baking Day - Part 3 - Lasagna

Lasagna time! We are actually having this tonight for dinner. I have not made this in a very long time. Matter of fact the last time that I made this my husband didn't make it home to eat it. That was the night that he/we got some very bad news! Some of our close friends will know what I am talking about. Now that does not have anything to do with why I have not made it since then...I just haven't
So here we go...my children are helping with this dish.
Recipe--
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup onion
2 cloves of garlic (I cheated and used minced garlic)
2 jars of pasta sauce
16 oz. shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 oz. grated Parmesan Cheese
15 oz Ricotta cheese----don't have then leave it out. The lasagna will taste just as good!
1 box of Lasagna noodles
DIRECTIONS:
-Brown ground beef and onion--drain and ad garlic mix well
-Pour 1 and 1/2 jars of sauce in with the meat---simmer for about 5 minutes
-combine all the cheeses
One of my sons decided to make a snowman out of the cheese as he was mixing it together.
Spread remaining sauce into a 13x9 pan
-place 3 to 4 noodles on top of sauce, then add meat and sauce mixture
-sprinkle about 1/2 the cheese mixture on top of that
-Repeat layers
-Cover with foil and back for 25 minute
-Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes--15 minutes if you like your cheese a little crispy :)

Ah, can you smell it? mmmm!

Ready to cook or to freeze. This dish freezes really well!
Don't forget to cover with foil before you bake it!

2 comments: