Friday

COMFORT FOODS

Whenever I think of comfort food I immediately think of mac and cheese. Why, I don't know I just do. I have a wonderful mac 'n cheese.....soup recipe.

Here is the recipe:

MAC 'n CHEESE SOUP:
1 package (14 ounces) deluxe - type macaroni & cheese
(including cheese sauce ouch)
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup water
2 1/2 cups milk
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 cup cubed cooked ham

* Cook macaroni according to the package; drain and set aside
* Meanwhile, chop broccoli and Onion
* Combine broccoli, onion and water : bring to a boil: cook 2 minutes. DO NOT DRAIN.
* Stir in macaroni, cheese sauce from pouch, milk, cheese soup and ham. Return to boil, stirring occasionally. Serve.....

For us, a family of six, I double the recipe. There are usually NO left overs.
It is really funny. I have had this recipe for years and the first time I tried it was during the winter of 2007. Go figure....

No comments:

Post a Comment