Thursday

Countdown to Christmas with Sweet Potato Casserole


Go here to see all "Countdown to Christmas" Recipes

We love, love, love this in our home. I always make this at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but because we were traveling Thanksgiving I didn't get to make it. So I am super excited about being able to make this for Christmas dinner.

Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe:
4 cups sweet potatoes, mashed (I cook mine in the microwave---poke holes in the potatoes or you will have a nice mess in your microwave oven, if you don't)
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cups milk
6 Tablespoons butter, melted

TOPPING:
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup butter (I use Country Crock from the tub)
chopped pecans----as many as you will like!---or you can leave these out.

*Mix first six ingredients together and spread in a 9x13 inch dish. Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
*Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Makes approximately 10 servings. This can be made the day before and kept in the refrigerator and then bake and then ENJOY!!! Super easy and yummy!!!
.
This post is linked to:
Frugal Food Thursday

1 comment:

  1. Sounds super yummy! I make something similar, but I add crushed pineapple to the sweet potatoes.

    -- Laura from Frugal Follies

    ReplyDelete