Monday

Reser's 'Limited Edition' Baked Sides Gets two thumbs up from this Mom!


I have been making homemade mac and cheese for years now and tend to treat it as a 'special' side dish like for some one's birthday meal, for when we have company or for Thanksgiving dinner. But ever now and then I will buy a box of of mac and cheese (yes, the boxes with powdered cheese!) and we will have that---some times I just want that instead of my homemade mac and cheese!


Just recently, our family was able to try Reser's Main St. Bistro baked sides with a few of them being limited editions. You can see the ones we received in the above picture minus the mac and cheese side from Reser's. We have four teens and it was lunch time when these arrived and they were hungry, so it was devoured!

Yes, the mac and cheese was yummy, it had a golden brown top, it looked homemade-but what I even liked more was that it was warmed and ready to eat in less than six minutes!

All of Reser's sides that we received can be placed in the microwave or oven to bake---I chose the microwave because in under six minutes I have a delicious side, in under 12 minutes I can have two delicious sides!


While I had planned to save a few of these for Thanksgiving dinner (especially that Sweet Potato Bake), they are not lasting. Last night after all the kids got home, I smelled sweet potatoes! My oldest had popped the sweet potato bake in the microwave and they were eating it shortly. I really didn't care, I am just glad they found something they liked in the refrigerator!

I asked my children how it tasted, and they said, "It is good, but not as good as yours mama! It comes in to a close second" And that is a huge compliment to Reser's Fine Foods---because my children get really excited about the holidays because that is the only time that I will make sweet potato casserole for our meal.

If you are looking for quick sides for your dinners, look for Reser's baked side items in your grocer's refrigerated section. And if you need some traditional side items to go with your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal look for these "Limited Edition" baked sides including:

  • Reser’s Main St. Bistro® Baked Scalloped Potatoes
  • Reser’s Main St. Bistro® Baked Mac & Cheese 
  • Reser’s Main St. Bistro® Mashed Sweet Potato Bake 
  • Reser’s Main St. Bistro® Baked Green Bean Casserole 
  • Reser’s Main St. Bistro® Baked Homestyle Stuffing
  • Reser’s Main St. Bistro® Spiced Apple Cranberry Bake


Oh yes, I am saving this one for our Thanksgiving meal!


Reser's even has desserts! And that in itself is the only reason I need to buy these: Spiced Apples and Spiced Apple Cranberry Bake---Yum!

Another big plus to Reser's baked side dishes; there is no clean up! None! No pots and pans to scrub!

What started in a Rural Farmhouse Kitchen, is making it's way into kitchens all across America this Holiday Season.  These baked sides were a genius idea---or maybe a grandmas! You can learn more about Reser's heritage here at this link.

Disclosure: I was given the products featured in this post to help facilitate my review. All opinions, are mine. Read my disclosure policy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment