Sunday

Squats | I Challenge you to 700 Squats in a Week!



Squats, have you ever done them? I have, and my legs always feel like jello afterwards. I normally only do them at the gym, during the Zumba class that I take, but last week, I started to do them at home as well.

I am no doctor and do not claim that this factual, but when I do squats, I firmly believe (I feel it) that more than just my behind and legs are getting a workout. I can feel it in my abs...and other places!

Again, I am no doctor or personal trainer, but this is how I do my squats:
:Warm up; walk in place for a minute
:Stand with your feet just over shoulder width apart
:Keep your back in a neutral position, and keep your knees centered over your feet
:Slowly bend your knees, hips and ankles, lowering until you reach a 90-degree angle
:Return to starting position -- repeat 15-20 times, for 2-3 sets for beginners (do this two or three times a week)
:Breathe in as you lower, breathe out as you return to starting position

I have gotten in a habit of doing 10 squats every time I go to the bathroom, whether it be to fix my hair, put on make up or to pee (not to be gross--just giving you ideas!) OR you could do 10 squats every time you go to open that refrigerator door!

Want to join me in a squat challenge for the month of May? Don't think you have time...think again, if you go pee 10 times a day, and do 10 squats ( before or after using the bathroom) you will have done 100 squats at the end of the day! 100 squats per day times seven days a week = 700 squats in one week.

So you are thinking about it huh? Commit to one week of squats and I bet you will see results and have a good habit going too!


No comments:

Post a Comment