Wednesday

doTERRA Essential Oils Review


Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. When you squeeze the peel of a ripe orange, the fragrant residue on your hand is full of essential oils.

Let me start by saying I am no essential oils expert, but I do love the smell of the doTERRA oils that were sent to me to review.

If you think about it, there are only three ways that you can use essential oils: Aromatic, Topical and Internal. While I did not ingest any of these oils through my mouth, I did take in the benefits of the aromatic and topical uses.

I was sent Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint. These oils are strong, if I needed a room refreshed, all I had to do was open one of these oils; however, I did put a couple of drops in my children's bathroom behind the toilet and close to the shower---smells refreshing in there now!

I have had several people tell me that peppermint essential oils were good for headaches, and while I am not really sure if it does work on headaches or not, I did try it when my sinuses were hurting/aching. I put a few drops on my finger and ran it around my sinuses: under my eyes, out to my cheeks and even up the bridge of my nose. I was surprised it helped! I was really kind of surprised that using peppermint oil helped relieved my sinus pain!

doTERRA essential oils are pricey, but well worth the cost (at least the peppermint oil is!). I will be purchasing the peppermint essential oil again, once my bottle gets low. I will have to research and see what other benefits the lemon and lavender have other than making the rooms of our home smell good.

To find out more about doTERRA Essential Oils you can visit www.whole-wellness-coach.com.

Disclosure: I was given product for this review. Read my disclosure policy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment