Monday

One of Our Favorite Family Christmas Traditions



When my husband was a little child, every Christmas Eve his family would go to his Grandmother's house for Christmas. I am sure the thought of what Christmas presents was on his mind, but so was the eggnog. For as long as he can remember his Grandmother would make her famous eggnog on Christmas Eve.

While were were dating and our first few years of marriage, I can remember Grandmother having it in her pretty, crystal bowl and would always serve your first glass--if you wanted more you got it yourself.

As years past on, her grandchildren begin to marry and have families of their own--we still had eggnog.

The recipe has been handed down from generation to generation. I can remember my Mother-in-Law making this same eggnog for years and now my husband makes it.

Our children expect the eggnog every Christmas; it's a tradition that they will not let us forget if we tried!

Sure the eggnog is good--better than any store bought stuff--- but what I enjoy most is watching my husband and children make it and then the taste testing begins; it's just not a sip and then some tweaking, it's several sips, then the tweaking until it's just right. The laughing, the suggestions my children give my husband, the jokes about the RUM (artificial flavoring); just the time we spend together is something as a mom and dad we will will cherish forever.

Do you have a favorite Christmas tradition, if so, I would love to know about it in the comment section below.

Merry Christmas!

Want to learn how to coupon, get the best deals first, and find freebies, then join us over on the Swappin' Spoons Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment