Thursday

Homemade Pancakes and Chocolate Waffles


We had pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I normally make pancakes and waffles from scratch, so I thought that I would share the recipe with you---just in case you get a hankering for some and don't have any of that box stuff in your pantry. :)

Pancakes:
1 1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
2 eggs separated
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 3/4 cup milk

For Waffles:
The same ingredients as above, just add enough cocoa to turn the mix dark.

::In large mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients--if making waffles, add cocoa here.
::Separate the eggs, adding only the yolks to the dry mixture.
::Place whites in a small bowl and beat until stiff
::Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredients mixture and blend
::Fold stiff egg whites into mixture
::Spay pan or waffle maker with nonstick spray

*You could also throw in some chocolate chips, but I was out of them, I used them all on the Cracker Candy that I made the other day!
And that's it, simple and you probably have everything you need already sitting in your pantry!

Enjoy!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment