Friday

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Squares



These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Squares are wonderful any time of the year, but I always seem to find myself baking these during the fall.
Filling:
1/2 package of softened cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
* Whisk this together in a med. size bowl then set aside.

Batter:
1 cup solid-packed pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup veg. oil
*whisk together and then add
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt,
1/4 ground nutmeg
1/4 ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
*I always double this recipe and use a 13x9 pan, bake at 350 degrees.


Drizzle the filling over the top


Keep Drizzling


Take a butter knife and cut through both mixtures several times

Bake for 30 minutes, Bake for 40 minutes if you double the recipe or until center is set--not jiggly, or knife or toothpick comes out clean when inserted.

My children love chocolate chips on theirs, I do not like chocolate chips on mine so I make it 1/2 and 1/2.


ENJOY!!!

This post is linked to:
Southern Savers

2 comments:

  1. What temperature do you cook these yummy bars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops! it is bake at 350 degrees, I have added the temp. now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete