Monday

Weight Watcher's Monday---My Husband Threw my Scales Away!


I have been up and down on the scales for the past month; at this last weigh in I was up .2 of a pound. I guess not that bad, but I like to see that line go down and not up!

My husband has told me, for years, that I am obsessed with my scales; and has said that he is just going to throw the scales away! Okay, so maybe I am was. Through out my day I would get up in the morning, weigh, take a shower and weigh again---eat breakfast, weigh again. Workout, then weigh, use the restroom, then weigh again, etc., Needless to say I would weigh several times through out the day--Can anyone relate?

Since we have been doing WW, my husband never weighs until our weigh in at the WW meeting, he looses weight just about every week, with the exception of a couple of weeks. So I said, "OK, maybe it would push me more to go ahead and throw the scales away and just weigh one time a week at our meetings." After our weigh in, we came home and he threw the scales away.

It has been only 2 days and every time I go into the bed room I head to where the scales used to be at--not even thinking. I guess I was obsessed with them--I miss them!

On a different note, here's a recipe that I want try in the near future. Have any of you tried it?

Spinach and Artichoke Dip:
Point Plus Value: 2
Servings: 12
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30 min

1/2 pound(s) spinach, baby leaves, washed and dried
1 1/2 cup(s) canned artichoke hearts, without oil, drained
1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced (or more to taste)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
4 oz low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
*Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 7 1/2-inch deep-dish glass or ceramic pie plate (or oval oven-proof dish) with cooking spray.

*In a food processor, combine spinach, artichokes hearts, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, Parmesan cheese, sour cream and cream cheese; puree until smooth. Using a spatula, scrape dip into prepared dish; smooth top into an even layer. Bake until golden on top, about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Serve warm. Yields about 1/4 cup serving.
.
This post is linked to:
Southern Savers