Tuesday

Breakfast Casserole for Lunch ---Cost $3.75 to make!

I came across this recipe last week and thought that I would try it. We had it for lunch today. My kids ask for seconds, so I guess that they liked it!

This is so simple and inexpensive to make.

Breakfast Casserole:
1 Stick butter ($0.25)
32-oz package of Frozen Hash Browns ($1.29)
1 Dozen Eggs ($0.79)
1 cup Milk ($0.16)
2 cups Shredded Cheese ($1.16)
2 cups or more diced ham or browned sausage (I used left over polish from dinner last night --and I only paid 50 cents for the whole thing--so maybe 10 cents))

Melt butter in 9×13in pan. Spread 3/4 of the hash browns in pan. Slightly beat eggs and add milk, cheese, meat, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over hash browns. Top with remaining has browns. Bake for 1 hour at 350º if everything is thawed – add 15 minutes if not.

**If I had thought about it I would have put a little chopped onion in it--oh well!

Total cost $3.75--not bad for six people, and there's a little left over!
.
This post is linked to:
Frugal Food Thursday
Life as Mom

2 comments:

  1. We like to make breakfast casserole on Sundays after coming home from church in the morning. Yum! I used to make a recipe with about 10 slices of torn up bread as the bottom layer, but have recently switched to a recipe more like yours with hash browns, so that we can go a little more low carb.
    Visiting today from the Frugal Friday linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd make this for dinner, too, with a fruit salad on the side. Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to bookmark it and try it very soon!

    ReplyDelete