Thursday

How I Organize My Coupons


If you have been a reader of this blog for any length of time you know that I love coupons and I think that everyone should use them. I have been couponing for a while, and I have a pretty good stash of coupons.

I used to get my inserts, clip them and store them. My children even help me, and it does take some time to clip them, matter of fact it was taking up too much of my time, so I had to come up with an easier way to store them.

I started out just using envelops, then graduated to the small accordion file, then a photo album, but none of them were working, because after a few weeks of clipping coupons I would not have enough room to store them all.


Since I do store/coupon match ups I decided to start keeping the inserts whole and not cutting any coupons out of them until I was actually headed to the store. So I took a pen, wrote the date on the front of them for easy reference, and stacked them neatly on the computer desk. Thus the “Whole” insert method was born.

After a few weeks of buying four to five copies of the Sunday paper, my stack was getting big. I began to wonder when my husband would say something, but he never did. Matter of fact, because of my coupon stack he went shopping and bought me this. I am not sure what to call it, but it works great. My husband is such a sweet heart!

 
Each week, I put that week’s insert into their allotted slot, and that is it. No more big stacks of coupons on the computer desk.


I still carry a small photo album with me (It is the black thing sticking out in the picture below). I put all my coupons that I will be using for my grocery shopping trips into it, but I always take my green bag on all shopping trips because you never know when you will come across a great mark down. I carry a pair of scissors also. They fit nicely down into the bag.


How do you organize your coupons? I would love to know.
.

2 comments:

  1. where did your husband find this and do you know the price?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stylish way to organize. I love it!

    Michelle
    from Trash to Treasure Decorating

    ReplyDelete