Wednesday

Freezer Cooking Days are Here Again!

Can you believe that it is time for Freezer Cooking Days, again. I love these days! This time we will start on Friday, February 26, and go through March 2nd. This is always a fun time for me and I think that it will be for you as well. Even if you do not participate, you can still follow along and possibly get some new recipes from everyone that is participating.

I normally do casseroles and stick them in the freezer, but I am going to try something different this time. Because we have a small freezer, I will be cooking a lot of meat, (Hamburger, chicken, and pork) measuring it out and freezing it. I plan on doing bread mixes(just the dry part of the mixes) and freezing them.
I plan on freezing some fruit (bananas and strawberries) for smoothies
.
You can follow along on the Facebook Event page, or on Twitter using the hashtag #oamc
.
* If you are new to freezer cooking then let me suggest:
Plan your day, plan what you are going to cook---Sure, you can just pull things out of the fridge and pantry and start cooking. But, the point of all-day cooking is to conserve your time, and ingredients, not to mention your energy. For example:
if you’re going to make several recipes that contain grated cheese, then shred it all at one time, chop all your onions and peppers, cook all the chicken. Get all you pots and pans out, get your freezer bags ready---make sure you have all the things that you need to begin your cooking day.

I hope that you will join in!

Thank you Crystal and Jessica for hosting this!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment