Monday

Carnitas and Homemade Guacamole - Freezer day cooking!


Carnitas:
1 pork tenderloin (I used a big one---to have left overs and to freeze some of the meat)
salt and pepper
2 dashes of Oregano
*Cut slashes on top and pack with butter; wrap in foil and put in pan to cook. Cook until the meat just falls apart. I cooked mine for 5 hours (but keep in mind that I was cooing a big one.)
.
Home Made Guacamole:
2 Avocados
1/4 cup of salsa
salt to taste
1/2 lemon or 1/2 lime--which ever you have on hand.

*Mix all together by mashing with fork. I doubled this recipe for the six of use. This is a great dip for chips too!
.
This post is linked to:

3 comments:

  1. Love anything with a Mexican flavor! Thanks for linking your post to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been able to make a good guacamole - this recipe looks easy enough to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete