Wednesday

Surprise Breakfast

The boys and I were the first ones up this morning so we decided to surprise the girls with some yummy baked oatmeal; which just happens to be a favorite in our home.

Here is the recipe:
1 c. oil
1 1/2 c. sugar
4-eggs
6 c. oats
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. milk
*Combine all the ingredients together. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake @ 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes - until lightly brown. This will be very crumbly, but don't panic(like I did); that is just how it is supposed to turn out!
-There are six of us and this will last for two breakfasts UNLESS my children talk me into letting them have it for an afternoon snack.
*Around the holidays I also add a teaspoon of nutmeg, just to give it that holiday kick!
.
This post is linked to:

7 comments:

  1. looks yummy. Am going to have to try this one Thanks for sharing. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I think I will try it tomorrow! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy. I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of baked oatmeal. I bet the nutmeg would be goooooood in it! Thats a good idea! I'm gonna have to make me some, especially with the nutmeg in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love baked oatmeal -- we make ours with applesauce rather than oil and it's wonderfully moist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Ashley, I had never heard of baked oatmeal. It sounds really interesting! I can't wait to try it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love baked oatmeal in our house.

    ReplyDelete