Tuesday

Dinner Tonight - Fried Chicken - I have a secret ingredient -

We are having fried chicken tonight for dinner - YUM! I do not fry chicken often but when I do it is like a party at my house, my children love it. I can remember being a little girl and we always had friend chicken every Sunday for lunch. Not sure why, but that would be the only time that we would have it. I remember loving it as well! My mom was an awesome cook! So you might think that my fried chicken recipe came from my mom or grandma - nope it came from my dad! Some people have a secret weapon, I have a secret ingredient!
Here is the recipe:
Chicken of your choice - we always use boneless, skinless breast, just because that is what my husband prefers.

I cut my breast into strips, then I put them in a large bowl of ice water (I put ice cubes in it)and let them sit for about 10 minutes (secret ingredient). The ice cold water helps hold the following ingredients in place! Seriously! Not one piece of anything is left in the pan, plus I think that it just fries better! Also, if you are frying a whole (bone in)chicken, the ice water will help the chicken stay in place and not pull away from the bone!

You will need, flour, salt, cayenne pepper, parsley, 2-eggs, buttermilk, dash -Chili powder, oil, med. bowl & a large skillet.

*Mix flour and chili powder together

*whisk eggs together in med. bowl

*drain the ice cold water from the chicken

*Dip each breast in the eggs,

*Dip in the buttermilk,

*then salt it, rub in the cayenne pepper(I sprinkle this directly onto the chicken and then rub it in), sprinkle with parsley flakes

*Roll in the flour mixture

**After rolling the chicken in the flour, I repeat all the steps (except for the pepper and salt!)....eggs, buttermilk, parsley, and flour mixture. Place chicken in hot oil and fry! Drain on Paper towels...YUMMO! Eat your heart out Paula Deen!

We will also be having mashed potatoes, corn and homemade biscuits. My husband teases and says that we do not need the biscuits because the chicken is wrapped in one. If you ever try my recipe you will see why!

HAPPY FRYING!




No comments:

Post a Comment