Monday

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY




My country,' tis of thee,

sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing;

land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrims' pride,

from every mountainside let freedom ring!



My native country, thee, land of the noble free, thy name I love;

I love thy rocks and rills, thy woods and templed hills;

my heart with rapture thrills, like that above.



Let music swell the breeze, and ring from all the trees sweet freedom's song;

let mortal tongues awake; let all that breathe partake;

let rocks their silence break, the sound prolong.



Our fathers' God, to thee, author of liberty, to thee we sing;

long may our land be bright with freedom's holy light;

protect us by thy might, great God, our King.



*Text: Samuel F. Smith, 1808-1895



I just wanted to take a moment to truly THANK all the men and women who have served and are still serving in the Armed Forces to help keep America SAFE and FREE! My heart goes out to the families that have lost loved ones.



My dad served in the army during WWII. He is home with the Lord now. But thank you daddy for helping make America what it is today! You know people can down America and say that it is not what it used to be and while this is true (in some part); We had better be praising God that we do not live like some people in the foreign lands. We need to be thankful for what we have, which, if you take just a moment to think about...IT IS PRETTY GREAT WHAT WE HAVE!




No comments:

Post a Comment